Food And Beverage Manager (live In Position)
Food and Beverage Manager
(Live in position)
We are looking for a detail orientated socially focused persuasive leader with a sense of urgency in the position of Food and Beverage Manager to lead and organise the Food and Beverage Service Team, to set and maintain standards and to strive to always keep improving standards whilst maintaining budget and gross profit.
Salary to be discussed during the interview
- Market related salary
- 50% Discovery Medical Aid
- 7.5% Provident fund
- On site accommodation
- Free Uniform
- Washing twice weekly
24 days on and 8 Days off
Diploma/Degree in Hotel or Food & Beverage Management
- · Must have at least 4 years’ experience in a 4/5* Hotel/Lodge; of which 2 years should be managing a food and beverage outlet.
- · Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- · Experience at operator and programming level of a Point of Sales System – exposure to Micros advantageous
- · Experience at operator level of a Stock Management System
- · Exposure to Opera advantageous
- · Highly presentable
- · Solid English verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- · Fluent with hospitality language and terminology, particularly food and beverage vocabulary
- · Exposure and understanding of restaurant financials
- · Experience with stock control, stock count and resolving of stock discrepancies
- · Experience in Service Recovery
- · Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays to accommodate changing needs of the business
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- · To support the outlet management in the day-to-day operation; being actively present in the operation and dealing with guests during peak meal times.
- · When responsible for a specific outlet to manage staff and the outlet operation on a day-to-day basis ensuring that:
o Guest Service is in accordance with Hotel standards
o Mise en place requirements are completed in accordance with SOP
o Operating Equipment is correctly managed to ensure sufficient stock and minimal breakages
o To ensure that whenever necessary corrective action is taken when staff do not meet the standards
- · To ensure that beverage stock movement is correctly and accurately tracked; as well as captured.
- · To ensure end of service cash-ups and float management are completed in accordance with SOP
- · Adhere to the health and safety requirements of each outlet in accordance with SOP.
- · Coordinating special requests and extraordinary dining & picnics in accordance with SOP
- · Ensure a guest satisfaction check of every guest within the department; dealing with any concerns and complaints in accordance with company service recovery guidelines; and by personally checking quality of both service and product on a continuous basis
Please email your CV in Word format with a recent photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job.