Junior Housekeeping Manager
Junior Housekeeping Manager
Package to be discussed during the interview
The successful incumbent will be responsible for scheduling and monitoring staffing levels, HR related admin procedures, monitoring stock and training procedures as well as assisting in any administrative functions needed for the smooth running of the Housekeeping Department in accordance to Hotel Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- § 3 – 5 years supervisor experience in Housekeeping within a 4 or 5 star establishment
- § Good communication and administrative skills
- § Computer literate – MS Office & Opera required
- § Ability to work without supervision
- § Customer / staff focused – the ability to interact, guide and motivate staff on all levels to be in a position to deliver exceptional service.
- § Team orientation – the ability to display a fair and neutral position in all instances of people interaction that reflects a mature stance and is governed by a set of core principles, ethics and values
- § Staff rostering to be done weekly and ensuring Staffing levels are sufficient.
- § Ensuring Payroll information is accurate and given in timeously.
- § Assist with HR related issues. (e.g. transport, sick notes, leave)
- § Assist with all administrative and training when needed.
- § Report directly to Executive Housekeeper and Senior Assistant Housekeeper.
- § Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- § Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- § Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- § Managing staff to be operational effective.
- § Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- § Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- § Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale system, opera and payroll systems.
- § Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- § Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- § Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
- § Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- § Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- § Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines.
- § Address employee’s service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- § Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- § Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- § Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and
Please email your CV in Word format with a recent photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job.