Junior Restaurant Manager
Junior Restaurant manager
This top Restaurant in Paarl region is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join their team and get ready for an extremely busy season ahead
Salary to be discussed during the interview
Purpose of the position
The successful incumbent is expected to manage the day to day operations within the Restaurant as well as maintain the exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & duties
• Compliance to workplace policies, rules, procedures and standards.
• Performance Management
• Training and development
• Time Management
• Human Resources – Responsible for controlling Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Family Responsibility. Leave for all permanent employees and compiling and maintaining schedules in this regard.
Ensure that all personnel are aware of their job specifications, duties and operating procedures within the department
Must display creativity with regards to sales programmes and flexibility towards customer demand.
Maintain a positive and exemplary working relationship with all employees and management
• Health and Safety
• Operational Requirements
Qualifications & Experience
• A recognised qualification in Hospitality Management highly recommended
• Minimum of 3 year restaurant management experience
• Must be able to speak Afrikaans
• Proficiency in Microsoft packages essential ( Word, Excel, email ) essential
Requirements and Competencies
Must live nearby and have own transport
• Professional and pleasant disposition
• Strong planning and organizing skills to meet deadlines with regards to operational requirements essential
• Strong and effective communication and problem solving skills at all levels essential
• Proven excellent and conflict management skills
• Strong administration skills
• Effective planning of tasks to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work within a pressurized environment
• Quality and customer service driven
• Ability to use Initiative and be proactive and self-motivated
• Ability to work without supervision and within a team
• Ensure that the standards of service excellence and guest satisfaction are met and maintained
• Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
• Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
• A friendly and welcoming approach
• Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
• Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility with senior management
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
• High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
• Team player – with a sense of humour even in the face of adversity.
Please send your CV in Word format with a recent photo of yourself and any reference letters you have from previous jobs to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for this job.