Kitchen Manager / Head Chef (cape Town)
EXCLUSIVE, UPMARKET BAKERY AND CAFÃ IS LOOKING TO EMPLOY A KITCHEN MANAGER / HEAD CHEF IN CAPE TOWN
If you do not fit the specification with the minimum requirements your application will not be accepted for this position. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete an Assessment or Test to demonstrate your knowledge of this position.
- Chef qualification
- 3 years in the Hospitality Industry
Skills / Duties:
- To coordinate the whole kitchen
- To assist in preparation of the specialty dishes, train & coach all BOH staff
- Recipe conception on speciality dishes
- Liaise with HQ on a constant basis in terms of direction, training and follow up
- Compliance to HQ best practise standards
- Ensure that you are serving only the best quality to guests at all times. Freshness, taste and look
- Look after the food cost, and maintain spot stock checks on high value items, like fish, meat, chicken, cheese.
- To work closely with GM in achieving food cost & margin goals
- To manage, train & maintain ALL KITCHEN STAFF in preparation of the food relevant to their position and station.
- Coordination with suppliers and maintaining good relationships
- Follow all uniform guidelines
- Remain calm in busy, stressful situations
- Demonstrate a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and sense-of-urgency.
- To constantly improves his knowledge in regards to the current food trends, to attend & actively participate all food training sessions on & off restaurant site
- Practice all safety and Hygiene standards by HASAP
- To check and follow up on the PREP, DAILY CLEANING & WEEKLY CLEANING check lists
- Recycle products (where possible) GLASS, PAPER, TIN
- To capture & to count Weekly and Monthly stock count
- To do weekly kitchen staff roster
- To deal with daily and weekly orders for the BOH, stock receiving
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance
Applicants must reside in CAPE TOWN or surrounding area.
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Visit our website to view all of our current vacancies: www.mprtc.co.zaApply for this job.