Load Out Station Foreman
Load out Station Foreman (Northern Cape)
Manganese Mine based in the Northern Cape is seeking the skills and experience of a Load Out Station Foreman. Responsible for the load out yard, siding, load out station, weighbridge, equipment and staff as well as the organising, controlling and reporting on the loading of rail wagons & road trucks as per the prescribed loading specifications and schedule.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Basic Computer literacy
- Drivers licence
- A valid Shunting Certificate
- Two years’ proven experience and related knowledge and training in Logistics, TMM, trucking, hauling, weighbridge, shunting, conveyors, chutes and train load out
- Two years’ logistics experience in a supervisory or coordinating capacity
- Understanding and operating Isolation and Earthing Switches on OHTE
- Willing to work shifts (24/7)
- Related experience in the loading of trains at slow speed via a load out station is essential
- Good Communication (Verbal and written)
- Planning, control and problem solving
- Team work
- Planning, Organizing, Leading, Control
- Continuous improvement abilities
- Client focused
- Responsible for Loud Out outputs. Road and Rail.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the functional activities of subordinates.
- Ensure that subordinates comply with training, licencing and other legal requirements.
- Works with external service providers such as Transnet Freight Rail, Road transport contractors, and internally with the Load out Operator, Plant Supervisor, Control Room Technician and Shunters.
- Perform regular inspections and monitoring in ensuring that equipment is maintained to standard and that the Load Out is performed at required parameters.
- Reports to Plant Supervisor on performance and problems encountered.
- Identify maintenance issues and initiates maintenance of Load Out assets and equipment.
- Reports unsafe work conditions, behaviour, incidents and accidents.
- Conduct risk assessments and pre work inspections.
- Develop and adhere to SOP’s, works instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant legislation e.g. MHSA etc.
- Perform administration and submit detailed reports on Load out.
- Prepare and submit contingency plans.
- Assist and train team members as and when required.
Should you meet the minimum requirements, please send your CV to Gerhardv@transman.co.za with email subject: Load Out Station ForemanApply for this job.