Short Term Mine Planner
Short Term Mine Planner (Northern Cape) Manganese Mine based in the Northern Cape is seeking the skills and experience of a Short Term Mine Planner to focus on improving the economics and efficiencies of mining by designing, implementing, monitoring, adapting and reporting on daily, weekly and monthly production design and schedules.
These interventions are to align to medium-, and long term planning and strategies.
- NHD/ B.Sc / B.Tech Degree in Mining Engineering or similar (NQF 7)
- At least 3 year’s relevant experience mine engineering and planning in open-pit surface operations
- Experience and skilled use of relevant mine planning software packages (Surpac, Mine Sched)
- Pit optimisation experience and knowledge (highly advantageous)
- Attention to detail
- Meticulous in work execution
- Zero tolerance for errors
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work well within a team
- Continuous improvement abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliable and self-managing
- Develops and implements Work Schedules. Works alongside medium-term planners to align plans with business objectives taking in to consideration:
- Principles and application of mining engineering as applied to mine design and layouts;
- Production scheduling, costing and budgeting of the different Mine Plans/scenarios
- Principles and application of mine environmental control as it pertains to mine planning;
- Constraints and assumptions that could affect mine planning (infrastructure, logistics, geotechnical, safety, legal, environmental; services);
- Dump, pit, ramp, haul road designs;
- Ability to advice on optimization of ore selection, rock types and grades, processing, stock piling and blending.
- Performance factors of equipment and people.
- Incorporates production and MRM feedback into the ongoing maintenance of the Mine Plans.
- Provides technical consulting services to the operation by sharing in-depth knowledge within the discipline, providing relevant information and reports on progress against plans as well as assisting in identifying and solving mining problems.
- Applies appropriate best practice and ensures adherence to mining technical and planning standards.
- Audits compliance with the relevant mining plan and technical standards as well as compliance with relevant risk management/governance frameworks.
- Executes, audit and report on Mine Plans, Mineral Extraction layouts and production schedules including resource and equipment requirements.
- Prepares and collates information to determine the risks associated with the execution of the Mine Plans.
- Analyses production results against planned schedules and recommend and implement corrective action.
Should you meet the minimum requirements, please email your CV to: Gerhardv@transman.co.za with reference: Short Term Mine PlannerApply for this job.